Friday, October 24, 2008

First Christmas Card

So I just finished my first Christmas card of the year. It only took me about 2 hours. I'm so indecisive when it comes to these things. I tried making some last night but I just wasn't happy with the results so I decided to try again tonight. I was getting all my stamps out and ready to start when I realized that some how I have no Christmas image stamps, just sentiments. So I just stared at the paper for like 30 minutes trying to decide what to do.

I hate when that happens because then I feel like I need to run out and buy some new stamps and God knows that I have an entire box of stamps that I have had to run out and buy so I could make some card that have never been used. Plus my husband has the car so I'm immobile. Probably a good thing.

So after looking at the paper for a long time I decided to cut out the trees from one of Karen Foster's new pattern papers and use them like I would have stamps. I also tried making the look of snow with some Stickles. I hadn't done that before and I think I like the way that it came out. I used my Cuttlebug snowflakes embossing card to add a little texture to the CTMH Heavenly Blue cardstock and I accented with CTMH holiday buttons. Overall, I like how it came out.

No comments: