Thursday, November 20, 2008

Baby Boy Finds On Etsy

I've been wanting to check out what unique things etsy has to offer for the baby boys of the world and I have to say that I am disappointed. I thought that there would be some really cool, very unique things and I just didn't see all that much. So it left me thinking, maybe I should just really figure out how to sew and make my own baby things. I'd love to have some really cool burp clothes with fun prints and bibs also. I'm even thinking that I might want to learn how to do some applique and make him some cute onesies or shirts. We'll see though. It's not like I have a ton of time on my hands these days and I'm sure it will only get worse!

I did happen to find a few things that I really liked and thought were pretty unique so I wanted to share my finds with you.

I really love this dachshund onesie by BellaBludesigns. I love the graphic prints that she uses and of course I have a soft spot for anything Dachshund.

I also found a shop, Cashmeredejavu, that makes cashmere baby items by upcycling adult cashmere sweaters.

Mysweetpeashoppe also has these very fun moster shirts. I like that you can pick which monster design you like.
Another shop, Tadpolecreations, had a set of appliqued puppy items that I really liked. Again, she used a very graphic print to do the dog cut outs and I really like the overall look of that.


Finally, sheknitsamy had these great little crocheted baby booties that I think are super cute.
So those were my etsy finds for the day!

4 comments:

Chasity said...

I know what you mean about not finding much for boys on etsy. I LOVE etsy, but with 5 boys I'm constantly on the look out for great items fro them expecially in clothing. GREAT post! I'm going to check out some of those shops!
Chasity

Amy Yang said...

I think if someone came on etsy who had a shop filled with just boy items that were great they'd make more money than they knew what to do with.

Too bad I work with paper and not so much with fabric, lol.

Katie Jean said...

those are sooo cute! I think that you need to learn to sew. I know you have a nice machine to use ;)

Amy Yang said...

I know, I know. I'm thinking about buying some fabric at Joann's at their Black Friday sale and testing the waters.