Thursday, July 3, 2008

Our Anniversary

Yesterday was Isaac and I's 3rd wedding anniversary. On the one hand it doesn't seem like it has been 3 years since our wedding but on the other hand it seems like we've always been together. Unfortunately, we didn't get to do anything too exciting because Isaac had to work last night but he was also pretty sick. He hasn't been feeling well all week and it seems to be getting worse. Needless to say, I'm okay with him keeping his distance.

I did get a really great gift yesterday though. I've been wanting a smart phone for years now and just haven't gotten one. There was always some excuse or another or I'd rather do something else with the money but yesterday I actually got one! I feel very important with my big old phone now, lol. Isaac decided that this would be a gift for both of us because he said he'll be stealing my phone a lot. I'm most excited to have this for our trip to New York this weekend. We have to drive up and pick-up Isaac's parent's from his sister's house. So having the internet and being able to work on things on the drive up will be very nice.

So yes, as you may have gathered, my in-laws are visiting with us this weekend. This will be the first time they have ever come to visit us. They live in South Korea and make a yearly trip to the states but they have only been visiting with Isaac's sisters the past three years. Since we were in Hawaii it was too much out of the way. They only have a week to spend here so they couldn't see everyone. I'm a little nervous about them coming into our house though because I know that Isaac's mom will be eagle-eyeing my cleaning skills. When we were in his sister's apartment after her wedding in December his mom was telling her that she should keep her place more clean and that the bathroom was really nasty, etc. Then she actually started cleaning the place. She got down on her hands and knees and started scrubbing the floors! I don't want her doing that here, lol. So I've got some major deep cleaning to do today and tomorrow!

I did finally finish a scrapbook today. I have had this idea for a dinosaur scrapbook for months now but I just haven't gotten it done. Well yesterday I decided to sit down and make it happen. I finished it up this morning. I bound it in my Bind-It-all, which was my first time using it although I bought it months ago, and I think it came out quite well. As soon as a few things on it finish drying I'm going to take some pictures and post it in my etsy shop and of course here on my blog too :)

6 comments:

Kim said...

Have a great time visiting with your in-laws, and congrats on your anniversary!!!!
Also I LOVE your album you just created!
Hugs~ Kim

Theresa said...

Hey Amy....thanks for the sweet comments on my blog....Thanks to the generosity of 2 ladies..I got an extra penguin stamp, so if you will email me your addy to tmhaire@hotmail.com i will send it to you.

my blog said...

congrats on your anniversary .


Reverse Phone Directory

Lynn Put said...

Wow, this is super cute!!!
I love the Basic Grey paper and the fun dinosaurs!

david santos said...

Great!!!
Congratulations.

Christina said...

Hi!! I got a google alert...my store name is Bela's Boutique...ONE L! lol...so I had to check your page out and I am so glad I did!! LOVE your stuff! I do paper crafting myself, love doing it but not very good at it!!! anyway I am book marking you and heading over to see what you have for sale!!

Christina